What are the motivation for engaging the community?
- Better informed decision making
- Community building
- Improving service delivery
- Process of not further disadvantage marginalized sections of the community
Ethics + Engagement
- Careful planning and preparation
- Inclusion and demographic diversity
- Collaboration and shared purpose
- Openness and learning
- Transparency and trust
- Impact and actions
- Sustained engagement and participatory culture
Community engagement can be seen in more ways than just what is visible
Community engagement can only be possible and successful when the individual engages and participate with the community, to solve problems and to see how they function in everyday circumstances.