MODEL, COMMUNITY INTERACTION AND IMPROVING ACCESS THROUGH REBLOCKING
This week was all about preparing for the final preparation.
We started finalizing our new layout of part I of the settlement to start building the final model.
The layout helped us identify interaction areas where a veggie garden can be started, a playground as well as a well located water point to do washing at.
With all this we are able to propose new access routs, improve drainage, water collection point, improve electrical layout, add more toilets and have better access to maintenance the toilets as well as propose sandbag firewalls tho prevent fire from spreading rapidly through the settlement
After we identified all this points we build a small model to show the community and get there view of what we planned. This started to strengthen our project.
Through using the model as a visual element the community were able to access our thinking and give there input on the proposed elements.
|SHOWING THE COMMUNITY HOW TO MAKE ROPE OUT OF PLASTIC BAGS|
|ENGAGING WITH COMMUNITY’S CHILDREN|
|TEACHING AND LEARNING|
|EXPLAINING ACTION PLAN THROUGH MODELS|
|MORE THAN A VISIT LEARNING HOW THE COMMUNITY DO WASHING|
|ENGAGEMENT WITH VOLUNTEERS|
COMMUNITY ACTION PLAN (CAP)
The final push to the end of this project
After getting great feedback from the community we started working on the final cap.
We started to summarize all the plans into short, medium and long term plans, also we used a time line to show estimate duration of each phase as well as showing who will be involved in each project.
We also done drawings to show there plans, and where it will take place.
|ACCESS OF SERVICE VEHICLES|
|EXISTING AND PROPOSED ACCESS|
|EXISTING AND PROPOSED STORM WATER CHANNELS|
|ACTION PLAN OF CLOSING STORM WATER CHANNEL|
|PROPOSED NEW ACCESS ON AREA I|